From Shopbot Wiki
Convert: "Convert is a free and easy to use unit conversion program that will convert the most popular units of distance, temperature, volume, time, speed, mass, power, density, pressure, energy and many others, including the ability to create custom conversions!"
Convert Google Sketchup SKP files to DXF or STL
Operating system: Windows and Macintosh Program type: Sketchup script License: Freeware
This is a plugin script for Google's free 3D design program Sketchup. The free version of Sketchup has limited file export options. Most CAM programs will not recognise the native Sketchup (SKP) file format. This plugin allows you to export your Sketchup model as a DXF or STL triangular mesh or as DXF lines, which should be readable by most CAM software. The DXF polyface mesh works really well with Cut3d.
There are five export options:
- DXF polyface mesh (recommended). This will give the most faithful reproduction of your original Sketchup model.
- DXF polylines: exports the outlines of each face as a polyline, sometimes useful for CAM toolpaths.
- DXF triangular mesh: breaks all the faces up into triangles
- DXF lines. This option exports the edges in your model as lines.
- STL triangles. The stereolithography triangular mesh format, useful for some CAM programs.
Convert Sketchup SKP files to DXF or STL output plugin for SketchUp (free)